Collective Soul - Now's The Time Tour 2019-



Collective Soul
Humphrey's Concerts By The Bay
2241 Shelter Island Dr.
San Diego, Ca.
August 14, 2019
with the Gin Blossoms

10th Studio Album released on June 21, 2019





Musicians:

  • E Roland / vocals, guitar
  • Dean Roland / rhythm guitar
  • Jesse Triplett / lead guitar, background vocals
  • Will Turpin / bass, background vocals
  • Johnny Rabb / drums, background vocals

“Blood” Track-listing:

  1. Now’s The Time
  2. Over Me
  3. Crushed
  4. Right As Rain
  5. Them Blues
  6. Good Place To Start
  7. Observation Of Thoughts
  8. Changed
  9. Big Sky
  10. Porch Swing

SHINE
Give me a word
Give me a sign
Show me where to look
Tell me what will I find
Lay me on the ground
Fly me in the sky
Show me where to look
Tell me what will I find
Oh, heaven let your light shine down
Love is in the water
Love is in the air
Show me where to look
Tell me will love be there
Teach me how to speak
Teach me how to share
Teach me where to go
Tell me will love be there
Oh, heaven let your light shine down
Give me a word
Give me a sign
Show me where to look
Tell me what will I find
Lay me on the ground
Fly me in the sky
Show me where to look
Tell me what will I find
Oh,


https://www.instagram.com/collectivesoul/
https://www.facebook.com/collectivesoul/
https://twitter.com/CollectiveSoul?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
http://www.collectivesoul.com/


Remaining Tour Dates:
http://www.collectivesoul.com/tour-dates/


It was another one of San Diego's  gorgeous August nights, with perfect weather  and a venue that allows for a transcending experience. Collective Soul's performance this evening  was one of those. Humphrey’s Concerts By The Bay  is on Shelter Island with beautiful views of San Diego Bay.  

Collective Soul started  the evening off with the impassioned “Observation of Thoughts” a song from their newly released 10th studio album" Blood". The new album dropped on June 21, 2019 and  has garnered much praise, attention and has been charting extremely well.  The bands lead singer Ed Roland played piano, in addition to prancing  about the stage which got the crowd up dancing and singing along with him. Next up was the 1999 release “Heavy” and then the 2000 release “Why Pt 2” . Ed Roland in his wide brimmed hat, flowing silverish locks and glasses  still has his signature voice with a little edgyness thrown in.  The band played with a high level of intensity, rocking and rolling, never letting the tunes be caught in a nostalgia loop, making for a welcomed new level of  freshness.


We got a real treat when Lindsey Roland, Ed’s oldest son, came out to sing" Better Now" with the band. You could feel Ed Roland’s love for his son and how proud he was to be on stage with him. Lindsey has pipes and sounded fantastic!  


The setlist was great for long - time Collective Soul fans with songs from the 90s, “Shine”, “December” and “Precious Declaraton”.
Robin Wilson, lead singer of the  Gin Blossoms came out to sing a cover of R.E.M tune ‘The One I Love” with the band. Collective Soul has a library of hit songs that you may not even realize you know until you hear them.  They closed out the show with “Gel”, “Where The River Flows”, and “Run”.  Looking around, watching the crowd, seeing everyone dancing, big smiles on their faces, maybe a little reminiscing, soaking in the moment of this stunning evening spent with Collective Soul.


content by Heather Vandemark

All images are registered with the United States Copyright Office. Unauthorized use, copy, display or distribution of any photographs taken by Heather Vandemark is strictly prohibited. You do not have permission to use or pass, or download this photo(s) on in any form without written consent of  Heather Vandemark or Heather Vandemark Photography. If you have any questions please send an email to photogalsd@gmail.com.

Heather Vandemark Photography


























Comments